Monday, July 20

vendredi 17 juillet

Friday 17 July was my last day of working in the garden. Here is the official I'm-sad-it's-my-last-day photo, taken kindly by Anu K.






















Today was the first Monday in a long time that I didn't work in the garden. I can tell that in December I'll still be dreaming about dry sage stems and dead daylilly stalks. The usual slowness/sadness of ending things, however, is mitigated by the fun I get to have to in the following week and a half. Tomorrow (mardi 22 juillet) I'll be in Paris, writing about some of the sculptures and paintings in the Orsay. Wednesday and Thursday I will (finally!) be making my way to le Mont Saint-Michel, for a quick but hopefully fruitful stay. And Saturday I head to Lyon and St-Etienne to visit a friend, who will then come visit Giverny for a few days.

On est maintenant en vacances!, as Jan says. (I'm now on vacation.)

. . . I think I'd rather work in a garden for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Steve White said...

Looking forward to a full report on Mount Saint-Michel.
By the way, you can spend your life gardening at our house in the Berkshires!
Steve, Andrea, & Aidan