Sunday, May 31

Further Pieces of Mont Ste-Odile



In the beautiful chapel of Obernai, look who makes an appearance! Saint Sebastian, another of my favorite holy persons, who also figures largely in my senior thesis.







Here I am EXHAUSTED and safely arrived at le Mont, Friday afternoon. (One of the surprising things about perpetually traveling alone is that one gets good at asking strangers to take one's picture.)Can you see the sweat dripping off of me? Because it was.


This "hostellerie" wins my award for Best Room Key and Keychain.



Saturday morning. A strange sort of glass-closet-and-upturned-swim-pool, where candles are lighted for Sainte Odile. This type of devotional practice has always interested me. (Small part of it is certainly the kitsch-appeal of the candles, but clearly there's way more to it.)

No comments: